Check the University Calendar for the undergraduate academic calendar and graduate schools other than Peabody.
PEABODY COLLEGE ACADEMIC CALENDAR 2014-2015
Any posted times are Central time.
FALL 2014 Deadlines and Events
- June 9, Mon, Fall registration on YES opens for First Year students 8:00 A.M.
- June 27, Fri, Fall registration for new First year undergraduate students and Peabody Professional students ends at 11:59 P.M. July 23, Wed Fall registration resumes for all students (Check your schedule on YES)
- Aug 13, Wed, Deadline for all students to pay fall charges or make arrangements with the Office of Student Accounts
- Aug 16, Sat, Orientation begins for all new undergraduate students; residence halls open at 7:00 A.M.
- Aug 18, Mon, Mandatory Peabody Undergraduate First Year Orientation sessions; Peabody picnic; adviser appointments
- Aug 18-19, Peabody new Graduate/Professional student Orientation
- Aug 20, Wed, Fall 2014 Classes Begin
- Aug 26, Tues, Wait Lists end
- Aug 27, Wed, Fall Registration on YES ends at 11:59 P.M.
- Aug 28-Sept 3, Extended drop/add. YES is not available. Students must complete and submit late paper add and drop forms with all required signatures to make late schedule changes. Instructors are not obligated to let students enroll in their classes late.
- Sept 4-10, Faculty Class Roll Discrepancy reporting period
- Sept 5, Fri, Intent to Graduate forms are due for Professional Students graduating in December (forms are located on the Peabody website)
- Sept 30,Tues, Last day for undergraduates to apply for screening II to student teach in the spring semester; Last day for students to submit screening I forms for admission into the Teacher Education Program
- Oct 8, Wed, Deadline for Faculty to submit Mid-Term deficiency grades for undergraduate classes
- Oct 10, Fri, Mid-term deficiency grade reports are posted on YES
- Oct 13, Mon, Students may begin loading spring 2015 classes in their class carts
- Oct 15, Wed, Last day to drop a fall course with a "W" grade or change pass/fail to graded status
- Oct 16-17 October, Break. Professional weekend classes will meet
- Oct 20-Nov 14 Professional student spring 2015 registration on YES
- Oct 27-Nov 14 Undergraduate spring 2015 registration on YES. Check YES for appointment time.
- Nov 14, Fri, Registration ends for spring 2015 classes; Last day for Professional students to submit Intent to Graduate form for May 2015 graduation
- Nov 22-30 Thanksgiving Holidays
- Dec 4, Thurs, Last day of fall classes; spring registration resumes at 8:00 A.M.
- Dec 5, Fri, All comprehensive exams, capstone, and policy paper results due from departments for December graduates: All theses and dissertations due in the Peabody Dean’s Office for December graduates
- Dec 5-13, Fri-Sat, Fall semester reading days and final examinations
- Dec 8, Mon, Open enrollment for Spring 2015 begins
- Dec 13, Sat, Degree conferral date for December graduates
- Dec 19, Fri, Deadline for intra-university Transfer spring applications submitted to the University Registrar’s Office
- Jan 2, Fri, Deadline for students to pay spring tuition and fee charges or make payment arrangements with the Office of Student Accounts
- Jan 5, Mon, First day of spring classes
- Jan 9, Fri, Wait lists end 11:59 P.M.
- Jan 12, Mon, Spring 2015 registration on YES ends at 11:59 P.M
- Jan 13 - 19 Extended drop/add. YES is not available. Students must complete and submit paper add and drop forms with all required signatures to make late schedule changes. Instructors are not obligated to let students enroll in their classes late.
- Jan 19, Mon, No class in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday
- Jan 20 -26 Faculty Class Roll Discrepancy reporting period
- Feb 2, Mon, Last day for undergraduates may apply for screening II to student teach in the fall semester; Last day for students to submit screening I forms for admission into the Teacher Education Program
- Feb 23, Mon, First day to load summer 2015 classes into class carts on YES
- Feb 25, Wed, Mid-Term Deficiency Reporting begins for undergraduate classes
- Feb 28 – Mar 8 Spring Holidays
- Mar 4, Wed, Deadline for Faculty to submit Mid-Term deficiency grades
- Mar 6, Fri, Mid-term deficiency grade reports are posted on YES
- Mar 9, Mon, First day to load fall 2015 classes into class carts
- Mar 13, Fri, Last day students may drop a spring course with a W grade or change a pass/fail class to a graded status
- Mar 23, Mon, Registration for summer classes begins on YES – All Peabody Students
- Mar 30, Mon, Peabody Professional students may begin enrolling for fall classes on YES starting at 12:01 A.M.
- Apr 6-24 Undergraduate registration windows for fall. Check YES for appointment times
- Apr 13, Mon, Last day for undergraduate students to submit completed summer school elsewhere approval forms to the Office of Records and Registration
- Apr 17, Fri, Last day for professional students to submit intent to graduate forms for August graduation
Last Day for Undergraduate Intra-university transfer summer applications to be submitted to the University Registrar’s Office
- Apr 20, Mon, Spring classes end
- Apr 21-May 1 Spring semester reading days and final examinations
- Apr 24, Fri, All comprehensive exams, capstone, and policy paper results due from departments for May graduates: All theses and dissertations due in the Peabody Dean’s Office for May graduates
Fall undergraduate registration ends at 11:59 P.M.
- May 2, Sun, Deadline for submission of spring semester grades by 11:59 P.M.
- May 8, Fri, Commencement
- May 4, Mon, May session begins
- May 29, Fri, May session courses end
- June 2, Tues, First-half classes begin
- June 8, Mon, Peabody Module I classes begin
- July 3, Fri, Examinations for first-half courses; Module I ends
- July 6, Mon, Peabody Module II classes begin
- July 7, Tues, Second-half courses begin
- July 31, Fri, Module II classes end; Last day to submit theses, dissertations and comprehensive/capstone/policy paper results
- Aug 7, Fri, Examinations for first-half courses; summer terms ends
- Aug 7, Fri, Graduation Date for August graduates