Check the University Calendar for the undergraduate academic calendar and graduate schools other than Peabody.
PEABODY COLLEGE ACADEMIC CALENDAR 2013-2014
Any posted times are Central time.
- June 10, Mon Fall registration on YES opens for First Year students 8:00 A.M.
- June 21, Fri Fall registration for continuing Professional students ends at 11:59 P.M.
- June 26, Wed Fall registration for new Professional students ends at 11:59 P.M.
- June 28, Fri Fall First Year registration ends at 4:00 P.M.
- July 24, Wed Fall registration resumes for all students (Check your schedule on YES)
- Aug 14, Wed Deadline for all students to pay fall charges or make arrangements with the Office of Student Accounts
- Aug 17, Sat Orientation begins for all new undergraduate students; residence halls open at 7:00 A.M.
- Aug 19, Mon Mandatory Peabody Undergraduate First Year Orientation sessions; Peabody picnic; adviser appointments
- Aug 19-20 Peabody new Graduate/Professional student Orientation
- Aug 21, Wed First Day of Classes
- Aug 27, Tues Wait Lists end
- Aug 28, Wed Fall Registration on YES ends at 11:59 P.M.; Last day to add a fall course; last day to drop a fall course without a “W” grade; pass/fail declaration ends; all students schedules must be finalized by 11:59 P.M.
- Aug 29-Sept 4 Extended drop/add. YES is not available. Students must complete and submit late paper add and drop forms with all required signatures to make late schedule changes. Instructors are not obligated to let students enroll in their classes late.
- Sept. 5 - 13 Faculty Class Roll Discrepancy reporting period
- Sept 6, Fri Intent to Graduate forms are due for Professional Students graduating in December (forms are located on the Peabody web site)
- Oct 1, Tues Last day for undergraduates to apply for screening II to student teach in the spring semester; Last day for students to submit screening I forms for admission into the Teacher Education Program
- Oct 9, Wed Deadline for Faculty to submit Mid-Term deficiency grades for undergraduate classes
- Oct 10-11, Thurs-Fri October Break. Professional weekend classes will meet
- Oct 11, Fri Mid-term deficiency grade reports are posted on YES
- Oct 14, Mon Students may begin loading spring 2014 classes in their class carts
- Oct 18, Fri Last day to drop a fall course with a "W" grade or change pass/fail to graded status
- Oct 22-Nov 15 Professional student spring 2014 registration on YES
- Oct 28-Nov 15 Undergraduate spring 2014 registration on YES. Check YES for appointment time.
- Nov 15, Fri Registration ends for spring 2013 classes; Last day for Professional students to submit Intent to Graduate form for May 2013 graduation
- Nov 23-Dec 1 Thanksgiving Holidays
- Dec 5, Thurs Last day of fall classes; spring registration resumes at 8:00 A.M.
- Dec 6, Fri All comprehensive exams, capstone, and policy paper results due from departments for December graduates: All theses and dissertations due in the Peabody Dean’s Office for December graduates
- Dec 6-14, Fri-Sat Fall semester reading days and final examinations
- Dec 14, Sat Degree conferral date for December graduates
- Jan 2, Thurs Deadline for students to pay spring tuition and fee charges or make payment arrangements with the Office of Student Accounts
- Jan 6, Mon First day of spring classes
- Jan 10, Fri Wait lists end
- Jan 13, Mon Spring 2014 registration ends at 11:59 P.M.; Last day to add a spring course; last day to drop a spring course without a “W” grade; pass/fail declaration period ends; all student’ schedules must be finalized by 11:59 P.M.
- Jan 14 - 20 Extended drop/add. YES is not available. Students must complete and submit paper add and drop forms with all required signatures to make late schedule changes. Instructors are not obligated to let students enroll in their classes late.
- Jan 20, Mon No class in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday
- Feb 3, Mon Last day for undergraduates may apply for screening II to student teach in the fall semester; Last day for students to submit screening I forms for admission into the Teacher Education Program
- Mar 1-9, Sat-Sun Spring Holidays
- Mar 5, Wed Deadline for Faculty to submit Mid-Term deficiency grades
- Mar 6, Thur Mid-term deficiency grade reports are posted on YES
- Mar 10, Mon First day to load fall 2014 classes into class carts
- Mar 14, Fri Last day students may drop a spring course with a W grade or change a pass/fail class to a graded status
- Mar 24, Mon Registration for summer classes begins on YES
- Apr 7-25 Undergraduate registration windows for Fall. Check YES for appointment times
- Apr 14, Mon Last day for students to submit completed summer school elsewhere approval forms to the Office of Records and Registration
- Apr 18, Fri Last day for professional students to submit intent to graduate forms for August graduation
- Apr 21, Mon Spring classes end
- Apr 22-May 1 Spring semester reading days and final examinations
- Apr 25, Fri All comprehensive exams, capstone, and policy paper results due from departments for May graduates: All theses and dissertations due in the Peabody Dean’s Office for May graduates
- May 9, Fri Commencement
- May 5, Mon May session begins
- May 30, Fri May session courses end
- June 3, Tues First-half classes begin
- June 9, Mon Peabody Module I classes begin
- July 4, Fri Classes are in session; Examinations for first-half courses; Module I ends
- July 7, Mon Peabody Module II classes begin
- July 8, Tues Second-half courses begin
- Aug 1, Fri Module II classes end; Last day to submit theses, dissertations and comprehensive/capstone/policy paper results
- Aug 8, Fri Examinations for first-half courses; summer terms ends