Become a Student
Start and manage your online application.
A completed application for admission includes the following:
- Submitted online application. (There is no application fee.)
- Transcript(s) from prior undergraduate and graduate work. Please scan and attach your unofficial transcript(s), or a copy of your official transcript(s), to your application. Note: Unofficial transcripts are accepted for the application. We understand that requesting official transcripts can be expensive, so we only require official, sealed transcripts if you are admitted and enroll at Peabody College.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Recent graduates should have at least two letters of recommendation from college or university faculty with whom they have studied.
- Statement of purpose.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required for all Ph.D., Ed.D., M.Ed., and M.P.P. programs. The GRE must have been taken within the last 5 years and you must have an official score report sent directly from the testing agency. Our GRE institutional code is 1871 and there is no department code.
- The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) may be submitted instead of the GRE for the M.Ed. programs in the department of Teaching and Learning and the Human Development Counseling program only. The MAT must have been taken within the last 5 years and you must have an official score report sent directly from the testing agency. Our MAT institutional code is 2332.
- Scholarly writing sample (Special Education Ph.D. programs only)
Note: Other additional materials may be required by some programs.
International applicants must submit all of the above, plus the following:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all international applicants unless you have received a college degree from an institution in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or from an English medium university in South Africa. An official score report sent directly from the testing agency is required. Our TOEFL institutional code is 1871 and there is no department code. There is no institutional code for the IELTS.
- The transcript(s) your submit must have an English translation.
- Note: International students with degrees from non-U.S. institutions who are admitted and enroll at Vanderbilt are required to have their transcripts evaluated by an approved credentials evaluation agency and to have an official report sent by the agency to the Graduate Admissions Office. The World Education Services (WES) is the preferred agency used by Peabody College. A WES evaluation is not required for the application.
- All new international students at Peabody College are enrolled in the Vanderbilt English Language Center course, US Education Concepts and Communication, in their first semester to help them adapt to academic life at Peabody College. More information.