http://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_programs/leadership_organizational_performance/#L.O.P. Summer Experiences
Our students in the Leadership and Organizational Performance program are required to do a summer practicum or internship. Learn more below about some http://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_prhttp://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_prhttp://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_programs/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pnghttp://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_programs/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pngograms/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pngograms/leadership_organizational_perforhWebb SchoolWebb Schoolhttp://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_programs/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pngttp://pehttp://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_prhttp://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_programs/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pnghttp://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_programs/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pngograms/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pngabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/gra
http://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_programs/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pnghttp://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/departments/lpo/graduate_and_professional_programs/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pngduate_and_professional_programs/leadership_organizational_performance/webb.school.pngmance/webb.school.pngof our students' experiences from this past summer.
- Thomas Becker The Webb School Bellbuckle, TN
During my weeks at The Webb School, I worked in the Alumni and Development Office on a number of initiatives. My primary task was to revamp Webb's entire LinkedIn presence to better serve members of the Webb community (including alumni, faculty, staff, parents, and other friends of the school) for professional networking purposes. I completely updated Webb's LinkedIn account (with its associated pages and groups) and concurrently developed plans for content creation, distribution, and long-term sustainability. I like this school and these people so much that I'm staying on board as the assistant coach of the girls' varsity soccer team this fall! Let's Go Feet!
- Emily Bowers Brookdale Senior Living Solutions Nashville, TN
- Emily Bowers interned in the Talent Management department at Brookdale Senior Living Solutions. She was able to participate in the annual Talent Review Meetings, redesign the corporate competency models, and design a dashboard to measure the effectiveness of the Talent Review Meetings in various regions and positions.
- Brittney Jackson Brown Social Action for Health London, England
- Brittney Jackson Brown travelled to London, England, through the Vanderbilt Office of Active Citizenship and Service to work with Social Action for Health, a localized nonprofit agency working through a community empowerment model. She worked directly with Dr. Shah, program director, to analyze and recommend improvements for a volunteer leadership training designed to engage community members in healthcare strategy decisions. Her work involved interviewing participants, stakeholders, and staff while researching local legislation to optimize program design.
- Richard Collins Intel Corporation Portland, OR
- Richard Collins worked with Intel Corporation in Portland, OR, this summer, leading the creation of a system of insight seeking to leverage existing relationships and technology to increase the Competitive Intelligence organization’s capability to be proactive in identifying and addressing threats and opportunities. He worked closely with senior leadership across Intel's business groups to refine information flows and define information operationalization. Richard is continuing with Intel during the academic year as a Researcher and Program Manager for this newly established system.
- Davis Dudchock PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC San Jose, CA
- Davis Dudchock completed his practicum experience as an Advisory Intern at PwC’s Silicon Valley market office in San Jose, CA. He worked within the Technology Consulting arm of PwC’s Advisory line of service, and served clients in the Technology, Information, Communications, and Entertainment Media industry sector. He worked on engagements with two clients, with projects ranging from assisting one client with organizational transformation strategy to helping the other produce workshop materials and deliverables. He had an outstanding practicum experience with PwC, and he looks forward to joining the firm in a full-time position following graduation.
- Megan Fletcher Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Nashville, TN
- Megan Fletcher worked as the intern for College and Corporate Recruiting at the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). In this capacity, she assisted with four major internship programs across the 220,000 person organization. Her responsibilities included recruitment, interviewing and screening, selection and placement, training, and educational opportunities. The most significant experiences for her professional development included working directly alongside the Office of Inclusion and Cultural Development, as well as writing and facilitating curriculum for 200+ corporate interns.
- William Hinson Sitel Worldwide Corporation Nashville, TN
- William Hinson worked in Talent and Engagement for Sitel, which provided him with exposure to lots of different aspects of the field of Talent Management. His main project for the summer was surrounding their employee engagement survey. He helped develop toolkits for action planning, build reports for both business regions and functions, analyze the data to learn the story for the executive summary, and much more. Other major projects included project managing a RFI/RFP of survey vendors for future survey administrations and the development of systems for HR alignment across the globe.
- Aubrey James Brookdale Senior Living Solutions Brentwood, TN
- Aubrey James interned at Brookdale Senior Living Solutions in their Talent Management Department. She was tasked with interviewing stakeholders at all levels of the organization and proposing a strategy to clarify, simplify, and ensure value of the 2016 performance planning process for Brookdale's 88,000 associates. Additionally, Aubrey analyzed performance review data and provided recommendations to regional leaders about how to leverage their associates' strengths and to improve their associates' areas of opportunity.
- Emily Janney Boeing Seattle, WA
- Emily Janney spent her summer as a Business Intern for Boeing Human Resources, serving on the Strategy and Integration team for the Corporate and Shared Services Group. Her statement of work was focused on driving enterprise-wide initiatives across all of Boeing HR. She managed the creation and filming of an intern recruitment video, helped plan and execute a development opportunity for all HR professionals in the St. Louis and Puget Sound areas, and worked to build a business case for restructuring the HR Data Analytics Network, among other projects. Her internship enhanced her ability to manage virtual project teams and provided her with a unique opportunity to study strategy and organizational effectiveness at the enterprise level.
- Natalie Jeansonne YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee Nashville, TN
- Natalie Jeansonne spent her time working at the YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee on the MEND initiative. MEND is a new, primary preventative initiative of the YWCA seeking to engage men to become part of the solution in ending violence against women and girls in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. MEND first seeks to engage coaches and athletes in the community to use their influence to empower others and change the current culture that supports violence against women. She gained invaluable experience working on the inception of a program involving curriculum creation, strategic yearly planning, recruiting, and event planning.
- Ruoshi Li Accenture Beijing, China
- Ruoshi Li spent her summer internship in Accenture (Beijing office), focusing on management consulting in the healthcare industry. During the time with Accenture healthcare group, she systematically gathered information regarding hospital information systems and created a user's handbook for the client. In addition, an HR solution framework was created using Accenture's existing methodology and combined with traditional hospital HR functions for the client.
- Joseph Reilly MissionPoint Health Partners Nashville, TN
- Joseph Reilly worked at MissionPoint Health Partners, which is a population health and Accountable Care Organization that is a subsidiary of Ascension Health (the largest non-profit health system in the United States). He worked as a Project Manager and focused on both new and existing office expansion projects, as well as the strategy/process improvement and organizational development surrounding those projects. He is now working full time for the organization in the same capacity as an Operations Lead.
- Giovanna Sutkiewicz Aerial Development Group Nashville, TN
- Giovanna Sutkiewicz interned at the marketing department at Aerial Development Group this summer. Aerial is a real estate company that focuses on revitalizing the urban core of Nashville and donates a percentage of their profits to support orphans in Africa and organizations in the local community. She had the opportunity to design unique content for this multi-million dollar organization, work with a leader within the real estate industry, and lead social media campaigns. She even had the chance to put her acting skills to good use by dressing up as Nashville's first female pilot, Cornelia Fort, at the big event Aerial sponsored.
- Aanandi Swaminathan Nissan North America Franklin, TN
- Aanandi Swaminathan interned in the Talent Management department at Nissan North America in Franklin, TN. For her summer project, she designed a communications strategy focusing career development initiatives like Performance Appraisal process and implemented a pilot communications plan for the Career Vision process. Apart from her project, she supported the team on succession planning and career path planning initiatives.
- Jeremy Wolff Discovery Communications Silver Springs, MD
- Jeremy Wolff worked at Discovery Communications, which is a media and communications company headquartered in Silver Springs, MD. He worked as a Human Resources Intern in the Learning and Development Department and focused on reviewing and critiquing existing management training programs, as well as creating and facilitating training for both interns and full-time staff and working with the Global Employee Survey and Global Mentorship programs.