Advanced Master's Degrees
- English Language Learners
- Learning and Design
- Learning, Diversity, and Urban Studies
- Reading Education
Our master of education programs are intended for those who seek advanced study in learning, teaching, or design.
Requirements in each major provide guidance and common experiences for participants in that major, but are flexible enough to meet individual needs and goals. The curriculum will prepare you to return to your career as a master teacher knowledgeable about current ideas and research in your area.
All master of education degree programs contain the following elements:
- A common profession core of 9 to 18 semester hours
- A major of 9 to 18 semester hours
- Electives from 3 to 6 semester hours
Capstone seminar 1 hour
Total of 31 semester hours minimum
The major fields of study for the master of education degree are:
All students have the option of completing a capstone experience or writing a thesis.