Vanderbilt Peabody is ...
More than you think.
Our well-rounded community includes five unique departments, a top-ranked graduate school, national research centers, and the largest undergraduate major at Vanderbilt.
Intellectually and practically engaged.
Peabody professors are well-known scholars and practitioners who actively mentor students. Our undergraduate, master’s, Ed.D., Ph.D., and professional development programs all attract people who share a deep concern for the human condition and education.
Open-minded and innovative, we foster a challenging yet supportive environment.
We benefit thousands of people by creating new knowledge. Some of our most recent work focuses on understanding how
- cultural differences affect language skills
- public policy affects school administration
- communities can relieve adolescent depression or the effects of maternal depression on children
- the state of Tennessee can improve delivery of education and human services
In these and many other projects, Peabody partners with metropolitan, state, and national organizations on funded research projects; examples include
- an interdisciplinary program of research focusing on the role of the body in mathematical activity
- an assessment system for evaluating student skills with data modeling and statistical reasoning
- the impact on student achievement of performance incentives for teachers, administrators, and principals
Our collaboration with the larger Vanderbilt community opens up even more possibilities for exploration.