Event and Publicity Planning
Peabody’s office of External Relations along with the Division of Communications can help promote the events and activities of the college that include external audiences. The following information is designed to help make the process smoother.
An important first step is to reach out to a member of the Peabody Communications team. You can email us to set that up. Ideally, that meeting should take place three to four weeks prior to your event.
When you are ready to request support, please use this form to initiate publicity and communications activities.Using the form helps us keep track of the specific details and volume of requests.
Some helpful tips:
Check the Vanderbilt University calendar of events for potential conflicts. Also, search for any potential competing events that may negatively impact the size of your audience. Consider your prospective audience availability (e.g., travel time, class schedules).
To reserve a space, please consult the room reservation page of the Peabody website.
Publicity and Communications Resources
Peabody works closely with the Division of Communications to help promote events. Below is a list of contacts and resources that can help you.
- Press coverage, national media, and Reflector Magazine: Joan Brasher
- Social Media: Jessica Pawlarczyk
- Marketing and external email: Anna Whinnery
- Web Updates: Web Comm Help Desk
- Posters, flyers, other graphics: Creative Services
- Event Photography: Creative Services
- Event capture (video) request: VUIT Video Services
- Ideas in Action: Kurt Brobeck
Room Set Up
- A/V equipment
- Sound needs (lectern, microphone(s)
- Lighting needs
- Room set up