Communications and Event Resources
Peabody’s External Relations team along with the Division of Communications can help promote the events and activities of the college. The following information is designed to help make the process smoother and outline the resources available to you as Vanderbilt Peabody faculty and staff.
Event Timing and University Calendar
When planning an event, check the Vanderbilt University calendar for potential conflicts. Search for any potential competing events that may negatively impact the size of your audience. Consider your prospective audience availability (e.g., travel time, class schedules).
Once you have a date confirmed, please add your event to the Vanderbilt University calendar.
Note: All Peabody College events added to the University Calendar will automatically populate the Peabody website events page. Adding your event the University Calendar helps ensure visibility for your event.
External Communications and Media Relations Resources
Peabody works closely with the Division of Communications to help promote events, as well as publicize new research findings and projects. Below is a list of contacts and resources that can help you.
- For press coverage and national media contact Joan Brasher.
- For Ideas in Action and Camillagram content questions or additions contact Kurt Brobeck.
- For Reflector Magazine contact Bonnie Ertelt .
- If you'd like your event or story shared on Peabody's social media channels contact Jessica Pawlarczyk.
- For marketing or advertising assistance and external email promotion contact Anna Whinnery.
- If you need help with Peabody website updates (including adding/updating bio pages) submit a ticket to the Digital Strategies Help Desk.
Need posters, flyers or other graphics? Please fill out this project request form and someone from communications will be in touch with you about your project.
- Need a campus photographer to cover your event? Contact Marketing Solutions to book a campus photographer.
- Need a video for external marketing? Please fill out this project request form to initiate your project.
- If you would like your event live streamed, please submit an event capture (video) request with VUIT Video Service.
Internal Communications Resources
If you are holding an event and would like it publicized to an internal audience (Vanderbilt Peabody faculty, staff and students), below are some additional resources that can help you promote to the Vanderbilt community.
- Events @ Peabody Email: If you would like your event included in our weekly Events @ Peabody email sent to the Peabody community (faculty, staff and students) every Monday during the academic year, please fill out this form.
- MyVU: Submit your event or story for publication on the MyVU website and e-newsletter that goes to all Vanderbilt faculty, staff and students on Monday, Wednesday and Friday by filling out this form.
To reserve a space, please consult the room reservation page of the Peabody website.
Room Set Up
- A/V equipment
- Sound needs (lectern, microphone(s)
- Lighting needs
- Room set up