Bass Military Scholars Program
Vanderbilt Peabody College is one of five graduate schools at Vanderbilt chosen to participate in the Bass Military Scholars Program. The program is funded by a $25 million gift from the Lee and Ramona Bass Foundation, which will provide financial assistance and programming for military veterans.
- Apply by the December 31st priority Deadline
- Admission to one of the 17 different M.Ed. or M.P.P. programs offered on campus
- Apply to the Bass Scholarship by the January 10th deadline (application open on an individual basis when admission criteria met)
- Veteran status with honorable discharge OR active military status transitioning to veteran status prior to orientation
- Commit to active engagement as a Bass Scholar during enrollment at Vanderbilt
The Bass Military Scholars Program is designed to complement, not replace, other financial aid programs available to members of the military and veterans. This includes the Yellow Ribbon Program, the G.I. Bill and other assistance programs designed for active-military and veterans.
Post-9/11 GI Bill® Benefits and the Yellow Ribbon Program
We recommend that students who are eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill® Benefits review the criteria for the Yellow Ribbon Program to determine whether or not they are eligible for this benefit. Questions regarding veterans’ educational benefits should be directed to our VA school certifying officials at VASCO@vanderbilt.edu.