PLAN Program Details
The 2015 PLAN cohort began activities in October and will continue through the following September, with a week-long institute during the summer months.
- Each month during the school year, participants meet for a Saturday afternoon from 9:00 am-3:00 pm and for a Wednesday evening from 5:00 pm – 8:00pm.
- Each meeting includes the presentation of curriculum by the PLAN Team, Peabody faculty, and nationally renowned guest speakers as well as robust opportunities for participants to critically explore these concepts through discussion and reflection.
- Participants will be assigned an experienced principal as a mentor who will serve as a resource through the program.
- Throughout the Academy, each participant will have at least two opportunities to implement strategic initiatives in his or her school to raise student achievement and learning by using sound principles and practices of how students learn and about the change process.
Making Connections Abroad
PLAN participants will travel to China over spring break through the Educational Leadership Learning Exchange Program (ELLE). In Collaboration with South China Normal University, participants experience cross-cultural learning through a ten-day educational tour of Guangzhou Municipal School District in Guangzhou, China.
Additional Benefits include:
- Individualized leadership coaching from an experienced, successful mentor principal
- Access to cutting edge research in the area of school improvement from Peabody faculty and other leading experts
- Free texts and materials
Expectations of Participants
- Participate in at least 19 out of 20 PLAN sessions and the graduation ceremony
- Complete all readings and assignments in a timely fashion
- Contribute to the learning of fellow participants by actively engaging in learning activities
- Engage with your mentor principal to ensure you process and apply his or her feedback on critical leadership activities
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with the entire PLAN community