Educational Leadership and Policy Ph.D. Curriculum
As a Peabody Ph.D. student you will be involved in exciting, next generation research right from the start. Among the issues LPO faculty and graduate students are examining:
- The effects of competition, including charter schools, on educational achievement.
- How to evaluate principals and teachers.
- Teacher incentives and performance pay.
- School zoning, parental involvement, the academic achievement gap, and re-segregation.
- Coaching and feedback for leadership change and development.
- Educational policymaking, including issues of school finance.
Educational Leadership and Policy Curriculum
- Social Science Core Requirements (12 hours)
- Politics of Education
- Sociology of Education
- Economics of Education
- History of Education
- Research Design and Methods
- Intro to Statistics (Inference)
- Regression Analysis I
- Regression Analysis II
- Causal Analysis
- Qualitative Research Methods