News from Peabody
Peabody College announces partnership with Bonner Program
Vanderbilt University’s Peabody College of education and human development is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Bonner Foundation to provide scholarship support for alumni of the Bonner Program. The program offers diverse and low-income students access to education through service-based scholarships. The new partnership with Peabody College will extend opportunities to program alumni through graduate and professional education.
Bonner Program participants and alumni who have (1) successfully met the requirements of their scholarship/service and (2) possess an interest in education policy and research are encouraged to apply for a graduate or professional degree at Vanderbilt Peabody College. The college will waive application fees for all Bonner Scholars and Bonner Leaders and, for those accepted into the program, provide a partial-tuition scholarship to any of its 16 Master’s and 2 campus-based Ed.D. programs.
The Bonner program is known for fostering opportunity as well as excellence in community-engaged learning. As a nationally ranked college of education and human development, Peabody will provide Bonner Scholars and Leaders opportunities to advance their educations further while preparing for meaningful professional careers.
"The Bonner program’s emphasis on community service/engagement and critical reflection develops a sensibility in students that is desirable for the professional fields they enter.”
~ Sarah Suiter, assistant professor of the practice, Department of Human and Organizational Development
Eligibility Requirements and Next Steps:
- Submit a complete application by the December 31 priority deadline.
- Earn admission to an eligible Master’s or Ed.D. program at Vanderbilt Peabody College.
- Successfully complete requirements of Bonner Scholar or Bonner Leader Program at an undergraduate institution.
- Provide a letter verifying your successful participation in the program from your Bonner Scholar or Bonner Leader program adviser at your home institution or from the central office.
- Recipients must maintain good academic standing for continuing scholarship support.
Questions about the Bonner/Peabody partnership can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.