We will begin taking applications for the class of 2024 on July 1, 2019!
Next Steps Application Process
All applicants must complete an online application, submit supporting documentation, and participate in a personal interview and preview day if notified by the admissions committee.
Applying for early consideration provides you with an earlier admission decision and more time to plan for the transition to college. Note that applying for early consideration does not mean you cannot apply to other programs at the same time. However; if admitted this is a binding decision to attend Next Steps at Vanderbilt and all other submitted applications to other colleges or universities must be withdrawn and no additional applications should be submitted.
- The early consideration application deadline is November 15, 2019.
- Early consideration admission decisions will be announced by January 15, 2020.
- The regular consideration application deadline is January 15, 2020.
- Regular admission decisions will be announced by March 30, 2020.
- Applicants may still be considered after the completion of early and regular consideration deadlines on a space available basis.
- When our incoming class is full, late applicants may request their materials be considered for Fall 2021 entry as a Repeat Applicant.
* We strongly encourage applicants to submit materials in advance of the above deadlines.
- We invite interested students to schedule a campus visit at one of our open houses in advance of applying. Information about our open houses can be found here.
- Although we recognize that many students might benefit from a program like ours, we often have more qualified students than we have space available to accept.