Degrees & Programs
- Peabody Library
- Emergency Information
- For Admitted Students
- For Prospective Students
- For Researchers
Peabody on Video
News more news
- 4.12.17 Generation next: hod program grad and trustee alex taylorVanderbilt Trustee Alex Taylor, BS'97, never thought he'd join the family business, even though he studied what he calls the "psychology of business" as a Human and Organizational Development major at Peabody College.
- 4.7.17 Cutting, Van Schaack among faculty recipients of Vanderbilt teaching awardsPeabody's Laurie Cutting and Andy VanSchaack were among a half dozen members of the Vanderbilt faculty who were recognized with awards for their teaching, research, and service.
- 3.21.17 iris center annual report indicates strong growth and demandDemonstrating its widespread appreciation by educators for its largely free content, the Peabody College IRIS Center continues to grow and finds its online content in high demand.
- 3.17.17 Vanderbilt humphrey fellows to visit dollywood, vol stateVanderbilt's eighth cohort of Hubert H. Humphrey Fellows will visit Eastern Tennessee's Great Smoky Mountains. They will will enrich their nine-month immersion into educational policy and practice by participating in Dollywood's annual Festival of Nations.
- 3.8.17 free screening of film 'hidden figures'Peabody Professor Nicole Joseph led a post-screening discussion of the Academy Award-nominated film. The screening took place in the Sarratt Cinema March 19.
- 3.8.17 Peabody presentations at the AEFP Annual ConferenceOver 40 Peabody faculty, researchers, and graduate students will present their work at the Association of Education Finance and Policy's conference later this month in Washington, D.C.
Upcoming Events more events
- 04/24/2017 — 12:30 p.m.
Panel Discussion with Three Distinguished Methodologists
- 04/24/2017 — 2:00 p.m.
Meet and Greet with Valerie Hotchkiss, University Librarian
- 04/24/2017 — 3:30 p.m.
Professors, Pups, and Popsicles
- 04/25/2017 — 3:00 p.m.
Cheese, Crackers, and Careers
- 04/26/2017 — 5:00 p.m.
Next Steps at Vanderbilt Graduation
- 04/26/2017 — 6:00 p.m.
Trans Adolescents and the Future of Gender
Top-ranked college of education and human development in the United States
Teacher merit pay has merit: new report
An analysis of existing research on teacher merit pay programs reveals that the highly debated practice is having a positive effect on student outcomes, according to a new report by Peabody Prof. Matt Springer.
Fears about college debt vary by subgroup, study finds
Prospective college students are less willing to take out loans to pay for their education than previously documented, and the degree to which people eschew borrowing may be affected by gender, age, and race, according to a new study from Vanderbilt's Peabody College.
$2.5 Million grant supports study examining link between math and reading comprehension
A research project working to identify the role language comprehension plays in math problem-solving and reading comprehension will continue its work thanks to a four-year, $2.5 million grant from the National Institutes of Health.
Study finds Common Core's take on fractions is on target
A Peabody College study suggests the Common Core State Standards recommendations for teaching math - particularly fractions - is quite effective. Peabody's Lisa Fazio is lead author of the study.
Early math knowledge related to later achievement
A new longitudinal study by Peabody College finds that children's math knowledge in preschool is related to their later achievement - but not all types of math knowledge were related equally.