A completed application for Ph.D. admission includes the following:
- Submitted online application.
- Transcript(s) from prior undergraduate and graduate work. Please scan and attach your unofficial transcript(s), or a copy of your official transcript(s), to your application. Note: Unofficial transcripts are accepted for the application. We understand that requesting official transcripts can be expensive, so we only require official, sealed transcripts if you are admitted and enroll at Peabody College.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Recent graduates should have at least two letters of recommendation from college or university faculty with whom they have studied.
- Statement of purpose.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required for all Ph.D. programs. The GRE must have been taken within the last 5 years and you must have an official score report sent directly from the testing agency. Our GRE institutional code is 1871 and there is no department code.
- Supplemental materials may be uploaded to the application in the "additional materials" section. You will not be able to upload materials until AFTER you submit the application.
- Scholarly writing sample (Special Education Ph.D. programs only). Upload the writing sample in the "additional materials" section of the application.
Note: Other additional materials may be required by some programs.
International applicants must submit all of the above, plus the following:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all international applicants unless you have received a college degree from an institution in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or from an English medium university in South Africa. An official score report sent directly from the testing agency is required. Our TOEFL institutional code is 1871 and there is no department code. There is no institutional code for the IELTS.
- The transcript(s) your submit must have an English translation.
- Note: International students with degrees from non-U.S. institutions who are admitted and enroll at Vanderbilt are required to have their transcripts evaluated by an approved credentials evaluation agency and to have an official report sent by the agency to the Graduate Admissions Office. The World Education Services (WES) is the preferred agency used by Peabody College. A WES evaluation is not required for the application.