HOD Undergraduate Major
Click images for details.
HOD is located in the Mayborn Building
on Magnolia Circle
The Human and Organizational Development (HOD) major is designed to prepare you for a successful career focused on finding solutions to human problems in organizations and communities. The HOD philosophy emphasizes the importance of connecting academic knowledge and theories to personal and professional practice.
HOD undergraduate core requirements offer an applied liberal arts education that will endow you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in a people-oriented organizational role. These skills include:
- effective written and oral presentation
- data-driven decision analysis
- proficiency in using technology toward the goal of aiding organizations
- interpersonal communication and collaborative work behaviors
- group leadership, organizational development, management, and training
In your sophomore year, you will declare one of five tracks in accordance with your general career focus. Students also fulfill the HOD Capstone, a semester-long organizational immersion experience completed in the junior or senior year.
For additional information, contact:
The Department of Human and Organizational Development
Peabody # 90
230 Appleton Place
Nashville, Tennessee 37203-5721
Vicki Scalf, M.S.