Join us Friday, May 8, 2020
Although we can’t gather in person to celebrate Commencement, we are excited to virtually celebrate Peabody College's Class of 2020 with a set of special online events that will recognize graduates’ hard work, resilience, and remarkable achievements on May 8.
Undergraduate, graduate, and professional grads are invited to join us here beginning at 9 a.m. CT to mark this special occasion!
- Read Class of 2020 Graduate Profiles →
- View the 2020 Commencement Program (including medals, prizes and awards beginning on pg. 76) →
- Take a look back at some of our favorite photos that were taken during grads’ time at Peabody →
9 a.m. CT - University Video Message
A university-wide special video message from Interim Chancellor Susan R. Wente will air on the main Vanderbilt Commencement website at 9 a.m. CT. Peabody College undergraduate, graduate, and professional grads are welcome, along with family and friends. Watch the video here →
10:15 a.m. CT - Peabody Video Message
If you are experiencing issues viewing this video on YouTube, please click here.
10:30 a.m. CT - Peabody Departmental/Program Honorings
Each academic department at Peabody is hosting its own set of special programming to celebrate its students. Some departments have opted to hold live Zoom meetings for students to mark the occasion. The earliest of these Zoom meetings begin at 10:30 a.m. CDT. Below is a complete list of each department's events and corresponding times. Family and friends are welcome to attend these Zoom meetings.
Department of Human And Organizational Development
Community Development and Action M.Ed. | 10:30 a.m. CT
- Human Development Counseling M.Ed. | 10:30 a.m. CT
Department of Leadership, Policy, and Organizations
- LPO Department | 10:30 a.m. CT | View recording
Education Policy M.P.P. | 11 a.m. CT
Higher Education Administration M.Ed. | 11 a.m. CT
- Independent School Leadership M.Ed. | 11 a.m. CT
- International Education Policy and Management M.Ed. | View message from students | View slideshow
- Leadership and Organizational Performance M.Ed.
- Ed.D. Program | 11 a.m. CT
- Ph.D. Program | 11 a.m. CT
Department of Psychology and Human Development
- Child Studies M.Ed. | 10:30 a.m. CT | View recording
- Quantitative Methods M.Ed. | 10:30 a.m. CT | View recording
- Undergraduate | 10:30 a.m. CT | View recording
- Ph.D. Program | 10:30 a.m. CT | View recording
Department of Special Education
- No Zoom meetings are being held.
Department of Teaching and Learning
- Teaching & Learning Department | 10:30 a.m. CT
- Learning and Design M.Ed. | 11 a.m. CT
- Learning, Diversity, and Urban Studies M.Ed. | 12 p.m. CT
- Reading Education M.Ed. | 12:30 p.m. CT
- Elementary Education M.Ed. and Early Childhood/Elementary Education Undergraduates | 12:30 p.m. CT
English Language Learners M.Ed. | 2 p.m. CT
- Secondary Education M.Ed. and Undergraduate | 3 p.m. CT
- If you have any questions about Vanderbilt University’s Commencement ceremonies or degree conferral, please visit the Vanderbilt Commencement website . It contains a helpful FAQ section.
- If you have any questions specific to Peabody College’s Commencement Honoring, please fill out this Google form .