Degrees & Programs
- Peabody Library
- Emergency Information
- For Admitted Students
- For Prospective Students
- For Researchers
Peabody on Video
News more news
- 2.21.17 Peabody's Heinrich named aera fellowCarolyn J. Heinrich, a professor of public policy and education at Peabody, is among 14 scholars selected as 2017 fellows by the American Educational Research Association.
- 2.21.17 New system will guide behavior analysis in the classroomEducators will soon have a tool to help them better understand what's causing problem behaviors in elementary school students who have disabilities - and implement individualized interventions, thanks to a study led by Peabody Prof. Blair Lloyd.
- 2.15.17 Teacher turnover rates critical in TN Turnaround effortsTeacher turnover is playing a critical role in Tennessee's ambitious efforts to improve its lowest performing schools, according to a new report by researchers from Peabody College and the University of Kentucky.
- 2.10.17 Peabody Online: graduate degree programs for educatorsVanderbilt University will offer new online degree programs for education professionals through Peabody Online, a partnership with 2U, Inc. Peabody will initially offer two programs: an online master of education (M.Ed.) in school counseling; and a doctorate in education (Ed.D.) in leadership and learning in organizations.
- 2.1.17 TN teachers' job satisfaction linked to performance scoresTennessee teachers who received higher performance ratings from the state's evaluation model reported significantly higher job satisfaction than those who received lower marks, according to a Vanderbilt study.
- 1.20.17 Peabody research institute influences new juvenile drug treatment guidelinesJuvenile drug treatment courts have a new set of evidence-based treatment-oriented guidelines, due in part to researchers at Vanderbilt University.
- 1.13.17 Remembering Warren Lambert, statistician and friendEdward "Warren" Lambert, Ph.D., 71, passed away on January 13, 2017. He was a long-time statistical consultant at the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center where he assisted countless researchers and students with complex quantitative issues.
- 1.13.17 Peabody faculty among top education influencersSeven members of the faculty at Vanderbilt University's Peabody College are included in the 2017 Edu-Scholar Public Influence rankings.
Upcoming Events more events
Top-ranked college of education and human development in the United States
$2.5 Million grant supports study examining link between math and reading comprehension
A research project working to identify the role language comprehension plays in math problem-solving and reading comprehension will continue its work thanks to a four-year, $2.5 million grant from the National Institutes of Health.
Study finds Common Core's take on fractions is on target
A Peabody College study suggests the Common Core State Standards recommendations for teaching math - particularly fractions - is quite effective. Peabody's Lisa Fazio is lead author of the study.
Early math knowledge related to later achievement
A new longitudinal study by Peabody College finds that children's math knowledge in preschool is related to their later achievement - but not all types of math knowledge were related equally.
App will help children with disabilities and challenging behavior
A $1.5 million grant from the Institute of Education Sciences will help develop a smart phone app for use by parents of young children with disabilities.
Report: Spending more on pre-K doesn't guarantee success
America has been too quick to invest in prekindergarten programs without a clear strategy for success, according to a new report from the Peabody Research Institute.