Degrees & Programs
News more news
- 11.12.14 Vanderbilt experts can provide insights into Nashville’s growth As every boomtown learns, growth comes with new challenges, and Nashville is no different. Vanderbilt experts from a variety of fields are available to help explain the issues surrounding our transformation into the latest “it” city.
- 10.30.14 Vanderbilt lands $15M in grants for special education teacher training The Department of Special Education at Peabody College has received $15 million in funding from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP).
- 10.29.14 ‘White matter’ behaves differently in children with dyslexia Trans-institutional neuroimaging research at Vanderbilt University finds that the brain may be structured differently in children with dyslexia, a reading disorder that affects up to 17 percent of the population.
- 10.3.14 Be clear about purpose when starting a charter school A key to successfully launching a charter school is clear communication about the need and purpose for the new school, according to a report from researchers at Peabody.
- 9.29.14 Five takeaways on school choice from Peabody College scholar In recent years, charter schools have proliferated and the state’s use of school vouchers have become an annual debate in the legislature. Ron Zimmer, an expert on school choice and researcher at Peabody College, recently gave a presentation on the impact expanded school choice could have in Tennessee to a crowd of state politicians, educators and Governor Bill Haslam at a recent education summit.
Event Spotlight more events
Top-ranked college of education and human development in the United States
Gifted men and women define success differently, 40-year study says
Researchers spent four decades studying a group of mathematically talented adolescents, finding that by mid-life they were extraordinarily accomplished and enjoyed a high level of life satisfaction. Gender, however, played a significant role in how they pursued—and defined—career, family and success.