Degrees & Programs
News more news
- 12.4.13 PEABODY STUDY TO ANALYZE STUDENT ATTRITION AT METRO NASHVILLE CHARTER SCHOOLS Graduate students at Peabody College are wading into one of Metro schools’ most politically charged questions: Do Nashville’s charter schools really see more students leave before end-of-year testing than other public schools? And if they do, why is that?
- 11.26.13 FORMER BOSTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT JOINS PEABODY FACULTY AS VISITING PROFESSOR Peabody College has named Carol R. Johnson, former superintendent of Boston Public Schools, a visiting professor in its Department of Leadership, Policy and Organizations beginning in January 2014.
- 11.26.13 PEABODY TO HOST NATIONAL GATHERING OF EDUCATION WRITERS More than 400 top journalists, scholars, communications professionals and newsmakers from across the country will converge on the Vanderbilt campus in spring 2014 for the national Education Writers Association's annual gathering.
- 11.25.13 GLOBAL GUESTS TO SHARE INDIGENOUS FOLKTALES WITH EAKIN ELEMENTARY STUDENTS DEC. 5 Eleven international guests—who hail from China, Guinea, Kosovo, Lebanon, Mauritania, Myanmar, Pakistan, Russia and Swaziland—are spending a year at Vanderbilt Peabody College of education and human development through the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, a Fulbright exchange program that brings midcareer leaders from developing nations to American host universities each year.
- 11.25.13 VIDEO GAMES HELP TEACH SCIENCE IN VANDERBILT RESEARCH PROJECT Knowing the definitions of Newton’s laws of motion and understanding them are two entirely different notions. Sure, you could memorize the concepts, but for students to truly get these abstract ideas, a Peabody research study is testing video games scientists believe can instill understanding.
Top-ranked college of education and human development in the United States
Math education expert selected for NGA roundtable
Peabody Professor Bethany Rittle-Johnson was one of a select group of researchers and representatives from state and local governments, national organizations and foundations invited to participate in the National Governors Association Expert Roundtable for Strengthening Early Mathematics Education.