Life in Nashville
Hear Why Our Students Love Nashville
Here are some more reasons that draw so many people to Music City.
- Music: We're called Music City for a reason. With so many live music venues in town and several festivals (e.g. CMAFest, Bonnaroo), Nashville attracts musical talent from across the country at all times of the year. Be sure to also check out the Nashville Symphony.
- Parks: It can be easy to forget you are in an urban setting with the number of green spaces, parks, and trails within striking distance. For those who like to get away and enjoy nature, Nashville has countless options to choose from, ranging from Centennial Park (with a full-scale Parthenon replica) to Radnor Lake to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens.
- Restaurants: With cuisine ranging from Caribbean to kosher, there is no shortage of options, but be sure to try Nashville’s world-famous “hot chicken.”
- Sports: Enjoy a good sports scene with the Tennessee Titans (NFL) and the Nashville Predators (NHL) located here. Also, catch some triple-A baseball at First Tennessee Park, home to the Nashville Sounds.
- Travel: Nashville is accessible to so many other cities. The airport and other transportation options keep New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and many other cities just a quick trip away.
- Weather: We enjoy four distinct seasons, but it’s unlikely you’ll have to tromp around in four feet of snow any time soon.
Still want more information?
- Metro Nashville government
- Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Nashville Chamber of Commerce
- BlueShoe Nashville Travel Guide
- Now Playing Nashville
- The Tennessean (daily newspaper)
- The Nashville Scene (weekly newspaper)
- WPLN (Nashville Public Radio)
- WRVU (Vanderbilt student-operated radio station)
- WNPT (Nashville Public Television)