A completed application for M.Ed., M.P.P., and Ed.D. admission includes the following:
Submitted online application
. (There is no application fee for our master's or Ed.D. programs)
- Transcript(s) from prior undergraduate and graduate work. Please scan and attach your unofficial transcript(s), or a copy of your official transcript(s), to your application. Note: Unofficial transcripts are accepted for the application. We understand that requesting official transcripts can be expensive, so we only require official, sealed transcripts if you are admitted and enroll at Peabody College.
- Two letters of recommendation are required, three preferred for our master's programs. Three letters of recommendation are required for our Ed.D. programs.
- Statement of purpose
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required for all master's programs. The GRE must have been taken within the last 5 years and you must have an official score report sent directly from the testing agency. Our GRE institutional code is 1871 and there is no department code.
Scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) may be submitted in lieu of the GRE for the following M.Ed. programs only: Elementary Education, English Language Learners, Learning, Diversity and Urban Studies, Learning and Design, Reading Education, Secondary Education, and Human Development Counseling. The MAT must have been taken within the last 5 years and you must have an official score report sent directly from the testing agency. Our MAT institutional code is 2332.
- Scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) may be submitted in lieu of the GRE for the M.E.d. in Leadership and Organizational Performance. The GMAT must have been taken within the last 5 years and you must have an official score reports sent directly from the agency. The GMAT testing center does not require a school code. You will only be asked to provide the school name to the GMAT testing center.
International applicants must submit all of the above, plus the following:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all international applicants unless you have received a college degree from an institution in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or from an English medium university in South Africa. An official score report sent directly from the testing agency is required. Our TOEFL institutional code is 1871 and there is no department code. There is no institutional code for the IELTS.
- The transcript(s) you submit must have an English translation.
- Note: International students with degrees from non-U.S. institutions who are admitted and enroll at Vanderbilt are required to have their transcripts evaluated by an approved credentials evaluation agency and to have an official report sent by the agency to the Vanderbilt University's Registrar's Office. The World Education Services (WES) is the preferred agency used by Peabody College. A WES evaluation is not required for the application.
- All new international students at Peabody College are enrolled in the Vanderbilt English Language Center course, US Education Concepts and Communication, in their first semester to help them adapt to academic life at Peabody College. More information.
The priority deadline to submit your application for Summer 2019 or Fall 2019 admission is December 31, 2018. Applications received after December 31 will be evaluated for admission and financial aid on a space-and-funds-available basis.